Step 4: Defer Video Module
Remember to update or publish your work as you go. Follow the images below.
1.) Divi Nitro Defer YouTube/Vimeo Module.
We have built a fantastic module that works by making sure that your video will only load when your customer clicks the play button. To use it, follow these steps.
- Add our Defer Video Module by using the Divi Builder.
- Select YouTube or Vimeo video.
- Choose an overlay (preview) image that you want to show behind the play button.
- Find the ID of your video and then insert it into the video ID box provided in our module. Please know that you must insert your video ID into the box title "YouTube ID" irrespective of if it is a Vimeo or YouTube video. You will get your video ID by looking at the URL of the video. The ID comes after the “=” or "/" sign. In the image below, the ID is: 2EEwRh8TpEc
- Save the module.
2.) Nitro settings.
Access Nitro settings.
3.) Defer Video Settings.
You may be wondering to yourself what the various features on the Defer Video Module tab accomplish. Here is a breakdown.
- Autoplay makes the video play automatically.
- Mute on autoplay makes sure that the video is muted when it starts playing.
- Colour choice for the play icon.
- Controls show the video controls.
- Fs (fullscreen) will allow the video to play full screen.
- Loop will make the video play over and over again.
- Modestbranding will allow you to remove the YouTube logo from the video player.
To use any of these functions, turn on the corresponding switch. For clarity's sake, the Enabled switch means ON and the Disabled switch means OFF. After turning on your desired settings, click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the tab.