Step 5: Defer Video Module
Written by the Divi Engine Documentation Team
Follow this information to defer the loading of your videos.
Add The Nitro Defer Video Module
Select YouTube Or Vimeo
Define A Preview Image Or Leave As Default
You can either add a preview image or leave it as the default preview image defined by the video itself.
Add Video ID
Find the ID of your video and then insert it into the video ID box provided in our module. Please know that you must insert your video ID into the box title "YouTube ID" irrespective of if it is a Vimeo or YouTube video. You will get your video ID by looking at the URL of the video. The ID comes after the “=” or "/" sign. In the image below, the ID is: QyMkwgBTBmM
Click On Nitro settings
Access Nitro settings.
Defer Video Settings
You may be wondering to yourself what the various features on the Defer Video Module tab accomplish. Here is a breakdown.
- Autoplay: Make the video play automatically.
- Mute on autoplay: Make sure that the video is muted when it starts playing.
- Colour: Select the play icon colour.
- Controls: Show the video controls.
- FS (fullscreen): Allow the video to play full screen.
- Loop: Make the video play over and over again.
- Modestbranding: Remove the YouTube logo from the video player.
- Rel: Show related videos or not.
To use any of these functions, turn on the corresponding switch. For clarity's sake, the Enabled switch means ON and the Disabled switch means OFF. After turning on your desired settings, click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the tab.
Please email us at [email protected] if you are unable to get Divi Nitro working.