Step 3: Create a Protect Section
Written by the Divi Engine Documentation Team
Watch This Video
Follow this information to create a Protect Section.
Add A New Protect Section
Make your way to the Protect Sections area of Divi Protect. Once inside, you will need to add a new section and give it a unique name.
Create Protected Content
Using the section, row and module building blocks of the Divi builder, create the content you would like to hide behind the Divi Protect login form.
Configure Cookie Settings
Divi Protect enables you to define how long the password stays in the user's browser. This is a great way to ensure maximum safety.
Enter A Password & Shortcode
Assign a password of your choice to the Divi Protect login form. To generate a strong random password click HERE. To assign this protected section to your website you can use a shortcode or our module. If you decide to go with the shortcode then you will need to create a shortcode for this protect section by entering in a unique arrangement of letters and the underscore sign.
Customize The Divi Protect Form
Customize the Divi Protect form that your customers will see when they visit your Divi webpage.
- Add a message to display with the form. You can do this by using the space provided or through a Divi Library Layout.
- Add content before and/or after the form if you so desire using a Divi Library layout.
- Assign the submit button text and a few other features such as URL redirect and error message. These settings are self-explanatory.
Add Your Section & Password Form
The last step in this tutorial is to add the protect section to your Divi website. We have given you two ways of doing this.
- You can use our Divi Protect Module and select your protected section.
- Alternative, use the Divi Code Module. To do this, place a code module in the position where you would like to place your protected content and form. Then enter in the unique shortcode that you have created. For example, [test_section_shortcode] is a legitimate shortcode.
Please email us at [email protected] if you are unable to get Divi Protect working.