Defer Background Images
To find the settings to defer Divi images go to Divi Engine > Nitro Settings. Once on this page go to the tab Defer Background Images.
Deferring a background image is not as straight forward as an image that uses the <img> tag. Therefore we require a bit more work from you to defer them.
A) To defer a background image you will need to do the following:
- Enter in a unique ID name for where you want the image to defer. eg: background-image
- Upload your background image using the media library, copy the URL and paste it into the URL box.
- If you want the image to use parallax then enable this too. NB: Make sure you enable parallax in the section too
B) Go to the page where you want the background image to defer. Edit the section where you want it displayed.
- Go to the advanced tab in the section and enter the unique ID (background-image as per the example above) you made earlier into the box where it says “CSS ID:”
- If you are using parallax, make sure you have enabled this too.