Lost Password Template
Divi BodyCommerce allows you to customise the lost password templates of WooCommerce using the Divi builder and our custom modules.
Before we begin let's look at the process of someone who is resetting their password:
- At the login page, the user clicks on "forgot password" and are then confronted by a page asking for the email address to send the link. This is what we call the "Lost Password Template".
- Once they fill out this form, it will send them an email to reset. A confirmation message will appear - this is what we call the "Password Reset Confirmation Message Template".
- Finally, when they click on the link in the email, they will see a form to change the password. This is the "Password Reset Template".
These are the three templates you need to create.
Steps to create custom password reset templates:
- Create a custom layout in the Divi Library
- Assign this layout in Divi BodyCommerce's settings
1. Create a custom layout in the Divi Library
Go to Divi > Divi Library and create a new layout. Choose "layout" and call this layout whatever you want and assign it to a category if you wish (for your own personal organisation).
Now here you will need to let your creative juices flow in terms of how you want the page to look. We have added some modules that will help you move or not show various elements of the default WooCommerce template. We have added three modules to help you and these all relate to each of the relevant templates you need to create.
BC Lost Password Form - this will output the lost password form
BC Password Confirmation Message - this will output the confirmation message (or just create your own)
BC Password Reset Form - this outputs the actual form to reset the password
So you need to create three different templates for the different steps in the process. Add the modules you want and need on the different pages.
2. Assign this layout to overwrite WooCommerce.
Now once you have created the layouts, go to Divi Engine > BodyCommerce > Login Page. Here you will see the following settings:
Select Lost Password Template: This is where you assign the post password layout
Select Password Reset Template: This is where you assign the password reset layout
Select Password Reset Confirmation Message Template: This is where you assign the reset password layout.